May 17, 2016:
Summer Camp is about one month away. It's time to start planning for camp! Please checkout the packing list document on our website called "Summer_Camp_Packing_List.pdf" under the Documents section.
Each boy should have a footlocker to hold their stuff and a combination lock for the footlocker (no key locks please!). The scout leaders will keep a list with everyone's combinations just in case it is forgotten by the scout. Note: Walmart seems to have the best deal on footlockers.
Footlockers at Walmart:
Summer Camp: Key Things to get done
· Attached is a list of all the merit badges you can do during summer camp. Please review. Also you can go to the site, https://atlantabsa.doubleknot.com/2785, for more detail.
· Because we do the best we can to get everybody signed up for what they want, but no guarantees based on the camp’s process of booking, so please prioritize the programs you want to take this summer 1-10, 1 being the most important to you.
· Mark it up and bring it to the next meeting on 3/14 or no later than the Court of Honor on 2/21. Give it to Ken Boyle.
· New Scouts: The Mountain Man program will take most of what the boys will need, other than the Troop group activity of Whitewater Raft Trip.
· Signed Medical Forms: No scout can attend camp without them, period. A doctor needs to sign off of the document. It is attached to this email. We will also need a copy of your medical insurance cards, both sides. Please make sure these are completed and to me no later than , sooner is best.
· Swim Test: We are in the process of booking these tests which will take place at the YMCA on East Piedmont. Tentative date is April 17th, but we will confirm. This must be done by everyone and certified, Scout and Adult, before we can check in at camp.
· Thanks for your cooperation and please let me know if you have any questions.
Here is a PDF that I was thinking would start people thinking about Summer Camp. Are you able to put it up for downloading and notify everyone that it is available? I want to start having some dialog around who is going and what activities and MB they would like to take so I have a basis for planning. Laura Mills asked me if she could pre-register Parker for some of the classes that fill up quick and I had to tell her that the date isn’t open yet, which made me realize, if she didn’t know, then I bet many parents don’t know what is possible. I told her the way the process works, but thought maybe getting the PDF up there would give people something to look through.
Dates of Camp are June 19 - 24th of 2016.