General Information

Troop 433 is a medium-sized Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Troop comprised of a diverse group of 25 to 35 active boys.  Our particular focus is promoting a well-rounded scouting experience through regular outdoor activities as well as opportunities for leadership and community service.

We maintain a high adult leader to scout ratio backed by strong parent participation.  Through the active efforts of our leaders, families and scout groups, Troop 433 has produced more than 75 Eagle Scouts since its founding in 1955.  Moreover, the dedicated efforts of the Troop 433 leader/parent/scout family have helped boys develop lifelong friendships.  It is common for former scouts and leaders to visit and join us for troop activities.

The stated goal of the BSA is to help boys develop into honorable men.  Troop 433 works to meet this objective by ensuring that boys are steeped in scouting’s values so that they can incorporate those values into their own lives as they grow and mature.

The leaders of Troop 433 are inspired by a quote frequently attributed to Indian Civil Rights Leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948): 


“It is easier to build a boy than to mend a man.”

  

Please join us to learn more about Scouting and Troop 433.  Our regular meetings are on Monday nights from 7:30PM to 8:30PM at:

Holy Family Catholic Church
3401 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30068


Annual Dues

There are annual dues of $125.00 per scout to cover general Troop expenses and administration.  This charge is payable to the Troop when the scout joins and is to be remitted each spring thereafter.  (Some scholarships may be available.)

For questions about joining the troop, fees or activities, please contact webmaster@troop433ga.com

Thank you for your interest in Troop 433!

Yours in Scouting,
The Leaders and Troop Committee of BSA Troop 433

 

Troop 433 History

The Troop was founded in 1955, with meetings held at Powers Ferry Methodist Church in Marietta.  In 1988, we moved our meeting location to the East Cobb Presbyterian Church, and in 2015, we moved to our current location at the Holy Family Catholic Church.